Friday, May 27, 2011

The Story of How I Found a Clockwork Prince Teaser at BEA

Title: Clockwork Prince
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books (Simon & Schuster)
Release Date: December 6, 2011 (SO FAR AWAY!!!!)

While many-a-blogger who attended BEA had a FANTASTIC experience meeting authors, having books signed, networking with publishing reps, and having a great time with each other, I was at BEA going to trade meetings and presentations...which was fun in its own way. But not nearly as fun as hanging out with super awesome book people with whom I do not work. :/

However, that does not mean that I did not pick up at least a little bit of swag.

Although I completely missed the unveiling of the cover for Clockwork Prince because I was being whisked away to meet sales reps and wholesale vendors [aren't those words super fun?] that work with the publishing house I work for, I did make my way over to the Simon & Schuster booths to check out the cover and the weird guy dressed as Will they had hanging around taking pictures with people. I did not take a picture with him.

So I'm walking through their aisle of booths and chatting with some reps, when tout a coup I spy a thin, paperback with the Clockwork Prince cover art on the front. Having zero idea what it was, but knowing that I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!!!!, I nonchalantly grab it. At least, I hope it looked nonchalant. If someone had looked into my eyes, they would have known that it was, in fact, a rabid, burning desire that shouted "OUT OF MY WAY BEFORE I END YOU." But I digress.

So it wasn't until I had actually left BEA that I realized exactly what I'd perhaps-not-so-nonchalantly grabbed: the prologue and first three chapters of Clockwork Prince.

Once I realized what it was I dashed through the throngs of people in Midtown to the nearest place to sit quietly (The Borders at MSG)  and read the damn thing. And lemme just say.


GAHHHHHHHHHH.

I really love Will. And I SUPER love Tessa. And I loved loved loved Clockwork Angel. And I LURVE what I've read of CP and where the storyline is headed. :D

And that is all I'm going to say! If you've also read it, or don't mind spoilers, feel free to DM me on Twitter or hit me up via gmail (bookishbethie@gmail.com) to discuss!

1 comment:

  1. GAH!! I am so in love Will it's not even funny. And I am so unbelievably green u got to read the first 3 chapters. Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete