Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Juliet Immortal

Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 320
Release Date: August 9, 2011

These violent delights have violent ends 
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, 
Which as they kiss consume." 
—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare 

The most tragic love story in history . . . 
Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.—Goodreads


When I first saw the title of this, I rolled my eyes and thought "People REALLY need to get over Romeo and Juliet." 


But the cover is just so pretty and I thought, "Hmm. I really like the color of that dress." And then my eyes wondered up to the tag line below the title. 


Do you see it?


It's intriguing right?


So I read the jacket copy and was like "oooOOOOOOMG! THIS IS AWESOME. STACEY JAY (who is a fellow Arkansas native. Just sayin'.), YOU ARE TWISTED AND I LOVE IT. "


I am DELIGHTED this book pits Romeo and Juliet against each other. I want it to be angsty and angry and intense and violent. Yes. I really do. (If you are confused as to why I want the protagonists of one of the "most romantic" stories ever told to fight each other, click here.) 


Anyway. Juliet Immortal is going to be awesome and I am oh-so glad that my eyes liked the color of the dress on the cover and stopped to linger on it, making it possible for me to discover that this book will exist in the very near future. *grins*


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 

5 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard about the book till now, but it sounds amazing.

    I'm a new follower btw and I'd love if you'd check out my WoW and follow back c:
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very intersting!

    Check out our WoW, and while your there don't miss out on a couple of great giveaways and events HERE, and HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want this!!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have told three people about this book today and all of them want to read it. Great Pick. You can check out my WoW at:

    www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book DOES look super awesome! I also have a weakness for beautiful covers. : )

    I'm a new follower! Please feel free to check out my WoW.


    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-weekly-eventfeature-is-graciously.html

    ReplyDelete