Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF: Author Block Party


On this gloriously cool August Friday, Ginger at GReadsBooks has asked:

If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose?

I'm going to go ahead and say that this is pretty much the greatest thing I have ever thought up. After some serious deliberating about my oh-so exclusive guest list, what I decided is that I would have an author sleepover, with a stringent "No Boys Allowed" rule. [Obviously, boys will be crashing this very girly party.]

So, without further ado, here is my incredibly fantastic guest list and the items they have been assigned to bring:

Maureen Johnson: Bringing jars, and perhaps Sherlock. And Felicity Disco!! Felicity Disco can come tooooo.
Holly Black: Bringing some sort of hilarious costumes for all of us to wear. If they must, they can be themed.
Cassandra Clare: Bringing snacks.
Libba Bray: Bringing her glass eye and a keyboard.
Myra McEntire: Bringing DRINKS. She gets to choose what sort.
Michelle Hodkin: Bringing a Ouija board. We will just STARE at it and not actually USE it.
Jeri Smith-Ready: Bringing her iPod.
Stephanie Perkins: Bringing crafts. I don't really know if she's crafty, but I think that maybe she is, and I bet her crafty ideas would be adorable.

And at this sleepover, we would eat snacks and drink whatever sorts of beverages Miss Myra brings, and watch a lot of Doctor Who. And the boys (John Green, David Levithan, George R. R. Martin [I figure, every party needs a surly man with a beard!] and then the author ladies' respective fellas) would crash the party, and fun would be HAD. And it would probably end up all over Twitter and Youtube, since my invitees tend to like to post things on those sorts of Internet-y places.

So that's my author party list! I hope that y'all have all had a great week and have a luxuriously relaxing weekend to look forward to!

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReadsBooks.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that you assigned what people must bring to the party. Have not seen that yet and love the idea! Great sleepover too...I may crash along with the boys, lol. Or, you know, def. stalk via twitter ;)

    ReplyDelete