Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF: Reading Challenges



Hiiiii.

This week, Ginger at GReadsBooks has asked:


Reading Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year? How has your progression been?

I actually started this blog back in February and had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about the (freaking fantastic, supportive, amazing) YA book blogging community. So I started clicking around and reading blogs and I would see these reading challenges, but because it was already February I thought it was probably too late to join any of them. (I'm sort of a rule follower. So. That.) 

But, I got on Goodreads and had set a reading goal of one hundred books for this year and I believe I'm "doing" the YA Historical Fiction Challenge hosted by YABliss—meaning, I have the button on my blog. ;) 

As far as my progress, I'm doing ok with the Goodreads one. I've read seventy books thus far this year, which puts me a book or two behind, but that's easily caught up on.

 And then the YA Historical Fiction challenge is a little trickier simply because there really isn't a ton of YA novels that are straight up historical fiction. But in that category I think I set a personal goal of ten historical fiction books, and I've probably read . . . four? And that's only if you have a REALLY LOOSE DEFINITION of "historical fiction." So, far the rest of this year, obviously I need to focus on the historical fiction side of things.  . . . if you have any SUGGESTIONS of great books in that category, leave 'em in comments! *smiles sweetly*

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReadsBooks

2 comments:

  1. I'm a rule follower, too, so I'll start some challenges in the new year. I'm pretty much only doing the Goodreads Challenge. But I'm doing well on that one, so I have faith for next year. :)

    As for historical fiction (and I'm using the loose definition, I suppose), I loved these: Clockwork Prince, The Gemma Doyle trilogy, and The Vespertine.

    Happy TGIF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Waterfall by Lisa Bergren? I guess it involves time-travel but other than that it's straight up historical. I'll second the Gemma Doyle trilogy...but again involves paranormal. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly is honestly straight-up historical fiction. And I love Donnelly ;)

    Good Luck with your challenges!

    ReplyDelete