Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Darker Still

Title: Darker Still
Author: Leanna Renee Heiber
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 320
Release Date: November 1, 2011

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...
Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.—Goodreads


Um, did you read that first line of the Goodreads summary?

THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW. 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

12 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to Darker Still. Thanks for sharing =)

    My W.O.W: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looking forward to reading this book! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read this one either. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does sound awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. We choose this for one of our WoWs. The cover is just amazing, and the summary makes me want it more. Great WoW!

    Here's ours:
    http://thestoryseekers.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-06.html#comments

    Alice @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This book sounds amazing! Definitely adding this to my list.

    Here's my WoW: http://loveinspiredream.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great, captivating.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right--the first line is all I need :) Plus I love the Victorian time period, so that makes me want to read it all the more! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this cover- I would get this book just for the cover (not even knowing the summary). Since I do know what it is about, it makes me just want to read it more!

    ReplyDelete